This is the homepage for the Diffusion MRI group at the University of Sydney. We are part of the Medical Radiation Sciences discipline in the Faculty of Health Sciences and focus on using diffusion MRI to aid in the diagnosis of cancer in prostate, breast, and lymph node tissue. We are located at the Chris O’Brien Lifehouse in Camperdown.
- Congratulations to Sisi on her PhD graduation. She is now at CSIRO in Brisbane.
- There is more to DWI than b-values! In this new NMR in Biomedicine paper we show that diffusion time affects both ADC and FA measurements in prostate tissue and that this effect can be explained by a simple two-component model that accounts for diffusion restriction.
- Take a look at our new paper on validation of prostate MRI.
- You can follow our new pubs on twitter: @roger_bourne
- Congratulations to Ned Charles for his PhD award. He’s now a senior software solutions engineer at Mathworks, Boston.
- Congratulations to Aritrick Chatterjee for his PhD award. He’s now at the Department of Radiology at University of Chicago for a postdoc. Check out the link to his Radiology paper below.
- Read about our recent prostate DWI paper in MRM Highlights. There’s also a recorded presentation you can watch.
- Where to next for prostate DWI? Here are our ideas in Diagnostics: